The University of Victoria’s Department of Indigenous Education (Victoria, Canada) is overjoyed to provide Netolnew Postdoctoral Fellowship in Indigenous Education. International students are eligible to use for this fellowship.
The challenge is supported via the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) via a Partnership Grant.
Indigenous Education at UVic is dedicated to creating our surroundings extra welcoming to Indigenous folks, to fulfill the language revitalization wishes of Indigenous communities and to teach each Indigenous and non-Indigenous students in Indigenous tactics of realizing and being.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are to be had to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the sphere of Indigenous Education.
- Scholarship Award: The place is salaried at $48,940 in keeping with annum and to be had after June 1, 2018, till crammed.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to use for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers no longer given
- Scholarship can also be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to use for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you should meet the next necessities:
- Completed a PhD in a self-discipline related to Indigenous language revitalization, together with however no longer restricted to schooling, linguistics, anthropology, public health, language evaluate, and so forth. Ideally, however no longer essentially, the PhD will have been finished in the 4 years instantly prior to the get started.
- Lived enjoy in an Indigenous neighborhood
- Knowledge of an Indigenous language
- Demonstrated analysis enjoy similar to Indigenous language revitalization, grownup language finding out, or equivalent fields
- Participation in the neighborhood
- Ability to paintings independently and collaboratively with superb conversation talents
- Willing to paintings or incessantly meet on web page at UVIC (negotiable)
- International candidates: Interested candidates who are no longer Canadian electorate or everlasting citizens of Canada will want to practice for a paintings allow and/or visa in order to come to Canada for their fellowship. Obtaining those paperwork is the candidates’ accountability and the procedure can take up to a number of months or extra relying on the place you are from. Information on paintings allows and different necessities can be discovered at Citizen and Immigration Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index?can.asp). UVic has immigration tips to lend a hand plan for a doable place at https://www.uvic.ca/immigration/.
English Language Requirements: Fellows should have wisdom of an Indigenous language.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants must ship (via e mail, as a PDF attachment) the following fabrics:
- A duvet letter addressing the eligibility necessities
- A commentary of analysis intent similar to the analysis issues, max. 2 pages
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of two (2) references, together with touch main points (reference letters will be required for ultimate selections)
- Two (2) writing samples (revealed or unpublished) that very best exemplify your scholarly paintings, alongside with an rationalization of your function in each and every pattern.
Questions similar to the utility processor place can be addressed to netolnew-at-uvic.ca. Please ship utility fabrics electronically to netolnew-at-uvic.ca.