The Vittore Branca International Center for the Study of Italian Culture is excited to announce residential programme ranging from April 2019 – April 2020 to PhDs and post-doc students who should no longer be over 40 years outdated on March 10, 2019.
The International Center for the Study of Italian Culture named after Vittore Branca – a world-renowned Italianist who used to be Secretary General of the Fondazione Giorgio Cini – is a residential useful resource for Humanities research, open to investigate tasks in the sector of artwork historical past, historical past of Venice, literature, tune, drama, early revealed books, comparative civilisations and spritualities.
Applicants whose first language isn’t English are generally required to offer proof of skillability in English on the upper stage required via the University.
- Applications Deadline: March 10, 2019
- Course Level: These are Three months lengthy residential scholarships.
- Study Subject: Candidates shall suggest a analysis subject ideally targeted at the archives and paperwork stored in the Fondazione Giorgio Cini, Venice. Scholarships are awarded in one of the vital following fields: artwork historical past, Venetian historical past, literature, tune, drama, early revealed books and comparative cultures and spiritualities.
- Scholarship Award: Each scholarship is price Three,100 euros (gross sum) and lodging without cost for three months on the Vittore Branca Center Residence in the duration between April 2019 and April 2020.
Each scholarship can be divided as follows:
- A gross sum 2 of three,100 euros as a contribution to common bills, commute and board, paid in deferred per thirty days equivalent installments via financial institution switch simplest;
- Accommodation without cost for 3 consecutive months on the Vittore Branca Center Residence at the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore, Venice and loose use of the Vittore Branca Center amenities.
- Nationality: Scholarships are to be had for Italian and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: eight residential scholarships are to be had.
- Scholarship may also be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are to be had for Italian and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the next standards:
The residential scholarships are presented, throughout the interdisciplinary context that characterizes the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore; to Italian and international students wishing to additional their research of Italian tradition – particularly that of the Veneto – in one of the vital following fields: artwork historical past, Venetian historical past, literature, tune, drama, early revealed books and comparative cultures and spiritualities.
Candidates shall suggest a analysis subject ideally targeted at the archives and paperwork stored in the Fondazione Giorgio Cini, Venice.
For a information to investigate subjects of specific hobby to the Fondazione Institutes and Research Centers, please seek advice from the “Centro Branca” phase on the internet web page www.cini.it.
It is conceivable to plot a initial seek advice from to our libraries, in order to inspect fabrics to elaborate a analysis venture; for more info, please touch centrobranca-at-cini.it.
How to Apply: Applications should be despatched via March 10, 2019 with the next enclosed paperwork:
– Paper utility shape (hyperlink) – revealed file;
– Degree certificates(s) with marks for person assessments, or an an identical or awesome qualification – revealed file;
– A replica of some extent dissertation (for PhD students) or doctorate thesis (for postdoctorate researchers) and copies of another related instructional works – virtual file, stored on CD ROM, DVD or USB pen;
– Curriculum vitae, together with wisdom of languages – revealed file;
– Research subject and an outline (round 1,500 phrases) of the find out about program that the candidate will observe, specifying targets, time scale, and fabrics and paperwork to be consulted on the Fondazione Giorgio Cini – revealed file;
– 2 reference letters from professors and students who supervise or have supervised the candidate (NB the letters might be originals revealed on headed notepaper of the related university or establishment).
In case of want, reference letters is also shipped one by one to the Vittore Branca Center Secretariat – please write the candidate’s title at the again of the envelope.