Applications are actually open for Up to 35 Scholarships for younger science newshounds and communicators at Erice International School of Science Journalism (Eissjc) in Italy. Scholarships are to be had for EU and Foreign students.
Dissemination of clinical tradition is known to be an ever-growing necessity in fashionable, knowledge-based societies, for basic public and resolution makers alike. As newshounds play a key function in selling and strengthening a valid discussion between scientists and society, the School supplies yearly to a gaggle of younger newshounds, accrued in the medieval the town of Erice (Sicily), an summary of the latest achievements in a given clinical theme or analysis box, along an research of the communique demanding situations they provide.
Applicants whose first language isn’t English are in most cases required to supply proof of skillability in English at the upper stage required via the University.
- Applications Deadline: January 13, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are to be had for younger science newshounds and communicators.
- Study Subject: The 2019 version’s theme is Big Projects for Science and Knowledge. It is a five days route with lectures and laboratories held via international scientists, and professionals in communications and journalism. The school is happening from April sixth to April 11th in Erice, in Sicily (Italy).
- Scholarship Award: The School supplies:
- 30 fellowships for members making use of from a European nation, which duvet school price, foods, lodging in Erice (double shared room) and shuttle bills to/from Erice (no taxi integrated);
- five fellowships for members making use of from a non-European nation, which duvet the school price, foods and lodging in Erice (double shared room), shuttle bills are excluded.
Please word: the shuttle bills will best be lined for the coming on April sixth and the departure on April 11th, 2019.
- Nationality: Scholarships are to be had for EU and Foreign students.
- Number of Scholarships: 35 scholarships are to be had.
- Scholarship can also be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are to be had for EU and Foreign students.
Entrance Requirements: The fellowships are aimed at:
Young Science Journalists
At least 3 years revel in running/freelancing for basic or standard science media.
At least 3 years revel in running in a systematic group, science museum or science centre or as a freelancer in a place of press officer, curator, editor of (internet) publications, organizer of outreach actions or an identical.
Students enrolled in a grasp route/PhD in science journalism or science communications, or who’ve finished a grasp’s stage in science journalism or science communique in the former two years.
The most age for participation in the school is 40 years.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to ship their CV (max 1 web page) and a motivation letter (max 1 web page), in English, to:
Mrs. Rita Bertelli