The Durham University is providing Bamburgh Library Fellowships to be taken up sooner than the tip of 2018 with the beneficiant give a boost to of the Lord Crewe’s Charity.
The intention of the fellowships is to additional wisdom of the historical past of the Bamburgh Library, its contents and its earlier house owners, and to give a boost to the dissemination of this data to educational and non-academic audiences.
Durham University is unique – a residential Collegiate university with lengthy traditions and fashionable values. They search the best possible difference in analysis and scholarship and are dedicated to excellence in all sides of schooling and transmission of information.
The University accepts IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Cambridge Proficiency (CPE), Cambridge Advanced (CAE) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic as most popular English Language skillability assessments.
- Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are to be had to pursue analysis.
- Study Subject: The focal point of the proposed analysis will have to be the Bamburgh Library assortment, held at Palace Green Library.
- Scholarship Award: Each fellow will obtain £1,500 in opposition to commute and lodging and be capable to use Durham University’s intensive particular collections, in addition to to subject matter held at Durham Cathedral and Ushaw College. However, the point of interest of the proposed analysis will have to be the Bamburgh Library assortment, held at Palace Green Library.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to use for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 2 fellowships are to be had.
- Scholarship may also be taken in the United Kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to use for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you will have to meet the next necessities:
The award is open to candidates with an educational background (from PhD pupil to senior personnel) in any self-discipline and to library pros with an pastime in e book or library historical past or practice-based analysis. Please be aware that fellows will want to make their very own preparations for commute and lodging. Fellows additionally want to make sure that their eligibility to paintings in the United Kingdom sooner than making preparations.
English Language Requirements: The University accepts IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Cambridge Proficiency (CPE), Cambridge Advanced (CAE) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic as most popular English Language skillability assessments. All will have to usually be taken inside two years of the beginning of the instructional programme (except for the place an extension applies, please see footnote beneath for main points) to fulfill the instructional necessities of the University.
How to Apply: If you have an interest in making use of for one of the vital fellowships, please ship us the next data:
- A abstract of your proposed analysis whilst at Durham (max. three aspects of A4), which will have to include:
- An define of the venture
- A listing of things in the gathering related on your analysis
- An rationalization of the way your analysis relates in particular to the Bamburgh Library, the Lord Crewe’s Charity, or to contributors of the Sharp circle of relatives
- An offer for the dissemination of your analysis
- How the analysis will assist additional our working out of the library, assortment, and /or its historical past
- Preferred dates for taking over the fellowship
Enquiries and suggestions will have to be directed to Dr Danielle Westerhof, Rare Books Librarian (Bamburgh Library) at danielle.m.westerhof-at-durham.ac.united kingdom.