The China Scholarship Council (CSC) is inviting packages for joint scholarship programme to students who need to do PhD study at Leiden University, both full-time or as a visiting researcher. Scholarships are to be had for Chinese students.
Leiden University is an the world over running research-driven university with quite a lot of educational disciplines and level programmes. It goals for excellence in all its study and instructing.
Applicants whose first language isn’t English are normally required to supply proof of skillability in English on the upper stage required by means of the University.
- Applications Deadline: Leiden University time limit: February 22, 2019 (Science school) and March 1, 2019 (all different colleges) / CSC time limit: between 10 and March 31, 2019.
- Course Level: Scholarships are to be had to students who need to do PhD study at Leiden University, both full-time or as a visiting researcher.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the fields of Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship contains:
- Exemption from registration price and tuition/bench price
- Living allowance of € 1,200 per 30 days (together with health insurance coverage)
- Return price ticket (to/from The Netherlands)
- Nationality: Scholarships are to be had for Chinese students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers no longer given
- Scholarship will also be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are to be had for Chinese students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants will have to:
- Be voters of the People’s Republic of China on the time of utility.
- Have a Master’s level.
- Be below the age of 35.
- Meet the educational access necessities of the related graduate school.
- Have a prime stage of English language skillability.
See the graduate school website online for required language check rankings.
- Have a letter of acceptance for a PhD programme at Leiden University.
- Satisfy the CSC selection criteria by means of finishing the CSC Application Form and the CSC Employer Reference Form.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language isn’t English are normally required to supply proof of skillability in English on the upper stage required by means of the University.
How to Apply:
- Find a PhD place and manager at Leiden University.
Visit the website online of the related graduate school for main points of ways to take action.
- Once you’ve discovered a PhD place and manager, follow for admission to a PhD programme on the graduate school in query.
- After admission, ask your manager to write an acceptance letter the usage of one of the vital codecs beneath. The letter will have to be signed and written on university letterhead paper:
- Science school applicants simplest: Your PhD manager (promotor) will have to ship a replica of your acceptance letter to the Graduate School of Science (gsoffice-at-science.leidenuniv.nl) by means of 22 February 2019.
Candidates for all different colleges: Your PhD manager (promotor) will have to ship a replica of your acceptance letter to the Scholarships Team (scholarships-at-sea.leidenuniv.nl) by means of 1 March 2019.
- Between 10 March and 31 March 2019: Apply for the CSC-LU scholarship by the use of the CSC website. You will have to come with your letter of acceptance, a replica of your manager’s CV and a study proposal in the appliance.