Applications are invited for Doctoral Fellowships on the Max Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies. There is not any nationality requirement; those fellowships are to be had for students of all nationalities.
The Max Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies (MaxPo) is a Franco-German analysis centre which was once collectively based in 2012 through the Max Planck Society and Sciences Po on the initiative of the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG) in Cologne. The Center’s analysis investigates how folks, organizations, and realms are dealing with the brand new types of financial and social instability that experience evolved in Western societies on account of coverage shifts, the growth of markets, technological advances, and cultural adjustments. Located at Sciences Po Paris and cooperating carefully with the MPIfG, the Center goals to give a contribution considerably to the social sciences in Europe and to complement instructional and political discussion between France and Germany.
Applicants whose first language isn’t English are generally required to offer proof of talent in English on the upper degree required through the University.
- Applications Deadline: March 15, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are to be had to pursue Doctoral level program.
- Study Subject: Applicants’ analysis pursuits will have to fall into the world of MaxPo’s analysis program, and their PhD challenge proposal will have to have compatibility into probably the most two analysis teams at MaxPo. We welcome authentic and impartial proposals. Research subjects will have to be positioned in financial sociology, political financial system, or financial or political historical past and will come with:
- The highbrow, political, and financial historical past of neoliberalism; elite and mass politics; the marketization of social lifestyles; ideas of democracy, politics, and development for the reason that 1970s; the results of neoliberalism;
- Labor markets and inequality; segregation at paintings; group dynamics and group splits in organizations, corporations, and political events; the sociology of monetary markets; the political and social penalties of financial crises.
- The MaxPo PhD program runs in shut collaboration with the doctoral program of the International Max Planck Research School at the Social and Political Constitution of the Economy (IMPRSSPCE) in Cologne. Together, we provide the potential of a double doctorate (cotutelle de thèse).
- Scholarship Award: 2,188 euros (per thirty days gross wage); three-year contract beginning in October 2019; together with a 12-week length of administrative provider to MaxPo and a analysis keep on the IMPRS-SPCE in Cologne.
- Nationality: There is not any nationality requirement; their fellowships are to be had for students of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers no longer given
- Scholarship will also be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: There is not any nationality requirement; their fellowships are to be had for students of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants will have to meet the next standards:
Candidates will hang a grasp’s level (or an identical) and feature gained coaching in the next disciplines: historical past, sociology, or political science, with further coaching in comparable fields. They will have to have enjoy with qualitative and quantitative strategies. There is not any nationality requirement; on the other hand, a company command of English and a running wisdom of French are required.
How to Apply: Required paperwork (to be compiled right into a unmarried PDF report): a CV; a transcript of data from each and every establishment attended; a canopy letter in short describing your highbrow trajectory to this point and discussing the themes that passion you (2 pages most); a thesis challenge proposal (five,000 phrases most); a challenge name; an summary summarizing your thesis challenge; a writing pattern (comparable to an editorial, thesis, or time period paper); if imaginable, we strongly inspire you to acquire a number of letters of advice (a letter out of your MA consultant could be particularly helpful).
Please electronic mail your entire report to allison.rovny-at-sciencespo.fr through 15 March 2019 (with “MaxPo PhD positions 2019” in the topic line). Incomplete information is probably not regarded as. Shortlisted applicants might be invited to a web-based interview. Final choices might be made through mid-April 2019.