Highly gifted applicants are inviting to use for the Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral programme funded via the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
ETH Zurich will award two doctoral scholarships in step with yr and promotes leading edge initiatives which can be without delay related for bettering the livelihoods of underprivileged other people in low-income international locations.
Clarity of Information
Wonderful be offering for applicants.
ETH Zurich stands at the foundation of true Swiss values. Located in the center of Europe, ETH Zurich is main an efficient option to the worldwide demanding situations of as of late and day after today, to construct international connections.
Why at In ETH Zurich, By opting for to review right here, you’ll be able to have each, the chance to are living in this town and the potential of just right employment later on. It supplies a supportive surroundings permits their students to be in contact simply with educational personnel and different students.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
- Organization: ETH Zurich
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: 175’000 CHF
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- Nationality: Students from low-income international locations
- The award can also be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: Students from low-income international locations are eligible to use: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde* (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship might be awarded for Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Programme.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the candidates will have to meet all of the following standards:
- The normal front necessities for doctoral research on the ETH Zurich and on the respective division will have to be fulfilled.
- Experience in the chosen analysis house is needed.
- Preference might be given to electorate of Least Developed Countries and different Low-Income Countries in line with the OECD DAC-list classification1 (comfortable issue).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidate submits the applying to the E4D program place of job via email to Ms. Patricia Heuberger ([email protected]).
- Supporting Documents: The CV of the candidate, together with transcripts with grades and 3 references will have to be equipped
- The define of the analysis challenge will have to no longer exceed 3000 characters (together with areas).
- Relevant personal publications or documentation of related actions in the case of the challenge.
- The matter of the proposed analysis is the improvement of strategies, applied sciences, gear or merchandise, which generate an immediate have an effect on on underprivileged other people in low-income international locations.
- The analysis subject is inside the thematic scope of ETH Zurich.
- The candidate identifies a professor of ETH Zurich who concurs to offer her or him reinforce in elaborating the entire proposal, if the concept that observe will have to be decided on, and to oversee the candidate if the entire proposal is chosen for investment.
- Admission Requirements: Candidate will have to grasp a finished and known Master’s level from a university.
- Language Requirement: Students want to exhibit that they have got a just right stage of written and spoken English.
The investment program will give you the award quantity CHF 175’000 for a duration of 3 years. The scholarship duration can also be prolonged on a no-cost extension. Out of this system grant, CHF 166’800 is reserved to hide the wage of the E4D Fellow for 3 years (stage of employment: 100%, incl. social safety), CHF eight’200 for subject matter prices and/or travels. Employment after the granted time frame will have to be financed via different resources.
The doctoral wage will have to be at the stage of the ETH usual doctoral salary4. Adjustments of the wage scale could be made in adherence to the overall ETH Domain remuneration coverage as outlined via the ETH Board. Any further prices related to wage scale will increase affected throughout the investment duration will have to be borne via the host professorship.