Applications are invited for ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships which supports incoming fellowships for postdoctoral researchers to study in Switzerland. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The program is intended to foster high-potential, young researchers who have already demonstrated excellence in terms of internationally competitive achievements in the early stages of their professional careers.
ETH Zurich is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: March 1 and September 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award:
|Year||Gross salary||Total rates|
|First-year||kCHF 86.80||kCHF 100.3|
|Second-year||kCHF 91.15||kCHF 105.3|
|Total||kCHF 177.95||kCHF 205.6|
The total rates given above include 15.5 % social security overhead to be paid by the employer (ETH Zurich) and must be used for budgeting. Successful ETH Fellows will be awarded up to kCHF 12 for research expenses per annum, including travel/mobility allowances and research costs contributions.
The ETH Fellows are expected to start their fellowship – if the application is successful – at the latest six months after submission of the application.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Given the limited number of Fellowships available in a given year.
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have defended their doctoral degree within two years of the submission deadline from an institution other than the ETH Zurich or the University of Zurich.
- At the time of the relevant submission deadline, researchers must also not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) at either of the two institutions for more than six months prior to the reference date.
- The applicants need to have at least one scientific publication in a peer-reviewed journal or have been awarded a prize for their doctoral thesis. Applications not complying with the eligibility criteria will be rejected on formal grounds.
- The ETH Fellows are expected to start their fellowship at latest six months after the submission of the application. If they cannot adhere to this set date, an approval for a later start must be asked at the Office of Research.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted electronically using the dedicated online system.
For the logic, you need an ETH (nethz)username and password. If you are not yet an employee, the electronic submission must be handled by an employee of the host professorship. Further Information on the submission procedure is provided in the detailed submission instructions (PDF, 363 KB) and on the ETH Fellows Help Page.