The Queen’s University Belfast is excited to announce Funded PhD Positions for 2019/20. The positions are to be had for UK/EU students.
Queen’s University Belfast is a public analysis university in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The university used to be chartered in 1845, and opened in 1849 as “Queen’s College, Belfast”.
Applicants whose first language isn’t English are normally required to offer proof of skillability in English on the upper stage required via the University.
- Applications Deadline: January 7, 2019
- Course Level: Positions are to be had to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The underneath initiatives are absolutely funded positions.
- Dr Dimitrios Lamprou and Professor Ryan Donnelly – Novel Delivery Systems for Transdermal and Intradermal Drug Delivery
- Dr Katharina Edkins- Molecular interactions in resolution for multi-component crystallisation
- Dr Wafa Al-Jamal and Professor Colin McCoy- Theranostics Targeting Cancer Stem Cells
- Professor Ryan Donnelly- Microneedle Delivery Systems: Addressing Global Challenges in Health
The underneath positions should not have assured investment.
- Dr Vicky Kett and Professor Michael Tunney – Liposomol supply of antibiotics for remedy of pulmonary an infection
- Professor Michael Tunney and Dr Murali Shyamsundar (Centre for Experimental Science, SMDBS) – Influence of smoking and vaping at the lung microbiome in surgical sufferers
- Dr Deirdre Gilpin and Professor Michael Tunney – Investigating the have an effect on of digital cigarette vapour on breathing microbiota and irritation
- Dr Eneko Larrañeta- Stimuli-responsible implantable drug supply methods according to nanocomposites produced via additive production
- Dr Fiona Furlong – Molecularly imprinted polymers for selective seize and sensing of most cancers biomarkers
- Dr Garry Laverty and Professor Karl Malcolm- Peptide hydrogels as a long-acting multipurpose drug supply platform for blended birth control and HIV prevention
- Dr Heather Barry and Professor Carmel Hughes- Optimising use of anticholinergic medication via other people with dementia in number one care
- Dr Irina Tikhonova and Dr Garry Laverty – Rational design of novel peptide hydrogels for drug supply
- Dr James Burrows and Professor Brendan Gilmore – Identifying drug goals to struggle Acinetobacter baumanniiinfections?
- Dr Jonathan Coulter- ENERGY – Enhanced Nanoparticles Engineered from Gprevious for multi-modal therapY
- Dr Louise Carson – Surface Treatment for Improved Performance of Implantable Medical Devices
- Dr Niamh Buckley and Professor Helen McCarthy- IGNITE: IGnifying Tumours: Nanotechnology for Immune Oncology TargEts
- Dr Raj Thakur- Implantable software for on-demand and regulated drug supply to the attention
- Professor Brendan Gilmore – Controlling Bacterial Biofilms with Cold Plasma
- Professor Colin McCoy and Dr Nicola Irwin- Multi-mode responsive biomaterials proof against an infection
- Scholarship Award: Tuition Fees to be lined and a stipend for UK citizens best (residing bills) these days £14777 in line with annum. Funding shall be allotted to a hit candidates somewhat, than a venture. The a hit applicant will obtain tuition charges (UK/EU) paid and a stipend (for UK citizens best).
- Nationality: Positions are to be had for UK/EU students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers now not given
- Scholarship may also be taken in the United Kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Positions are to be had for UK/EU students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants will have to meet the next standards:
Applicants will have to have a 1st or 2.1 honours level (or identical) in a related topic. Relevant topics come with Pharmacy, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Biological/Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering or a carefully comparable self-discipline.
How to Apply: In order to determine extra about person initiatives, observe the hyperlink underneath by the use of the venture name in which you have an interest. Applications will have to be made the usage of the web software portal.