The University of Sheffield is inviting programs for Global Challenge Research Fellowships for students from DAC-list nation. Fellowships are to be had to review 12 and 24 months Postdoctoral programme.
The University of Sheffield is a public analysis university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It won its royal constitution in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was once established in 1897 by way of the merger of Sheffield Medical School (based in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
Students is also required to take an across the world recognised English language check similar to IELTS.
- Applications Deadline: January 14, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are to be had to review 12 and 24 months Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Applications are welcome to any division. As one in every of our fellows you’ll embark on both a 12- or 24-month undertaking to handle issues confronted by way of the ones in the Global South. This might be, for instance, creating get right of entry to to protected meals, sustainable health and wellbeing, inclusive and high quality schooling, blank sanitation or inexpensive power. You will paintings in collaboration with in another country establishments the place you’ll spend between 25 – 50 % of your time. It will likely be as much as you to design and whole a big analysis undertaking.
- Scholarship Award: Grade 7 £31,302 – £39,609 in line with annum, with doable to development to £43,267.
- Nationality: Fellowship is to be had for students from DAC-list nation.
- Number of Scholarships: Ten fellowships are to be had.
- Scholarship can also be taken in You will perform your analysis programme in collaboration with a number one DAC-list nation spouse and can spend between 25-50% of your time with companions in a DAC-list nation
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is to be had for students from DAC-list nation.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the next standards:
We are searching for to nominate as much as ten 12-month post-doctoral Global Challenge Fellowships (GCFs) around the University. To be eligible it is important to dangle a PhD as on the utility cut-off date or be capable of display similar enjoy.
We are searching for to nominate as much as ten 24-month post-doctoral Global Challenge Fellowships (GCFs) around the University. To be eligible it is important to dangle a PhD as on the utility cut-off date or be capable of display similar enjoy.
- A postdoctoral researcher being able to display an excellent capability for cutting edge analysis in line with a wealth of analysis enjoy.
- A transparent imaginative and prescient, set out in the proposal, which outlines the wider contribution this undertaking could make to the sphere of international construction.
- Experience of running or carrying out analysis in the rustic/nations the place the analysis is proposed to happen and a powerful courting with the proposed spouse establishment(s).
- A confirmed driving force of interdisciplinary and cross-cultural wisdom change with a dedication to equality and variety.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language isn’t English are normally required to supply proof of skillability in English on the upper degree required by way of the University.
How to Apply: To practice, it is important to an utility shape comprising the next sections plus a letter of strengthen out of your number one spouse organisation:
- Part A: Applicants main points and Curriculum Vitae
- Part B: Applicant commentary
- Part C: Research proposal and ODA compliance commentary
- Part D: Partnership main points
- Part E: Declarations and appendices