The University of Kent is worked up to announce Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC) PhD Scholarships beginning in the instructional 12 months 2019-2020 (from September 2019). The scholarship name is open to candidates from all nationalities.
The University is one of the rustic’s main educational establishments generating world-class analysis, rated across the world superb and main the best way in many fields of find out about. We are a forward-thinking analysis establishment, dedicated to the transformative energy of schooling and analysis and to the improvement and improve of our students and team of workers.
The University of Kent calls for all non-native audio system of English to succeed in a minimal usual of skillability in written and spoken English prior to starting a postgraduate stage.
- Applications Deadline: January 20, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are to be had to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship pageant is open to all new postgraduate analysis candidates, in any self-discipline
- Scholarship Award: Annual Tuition charges at the UKRI Home/EU fee (£four,260 in 2018/19) plus annual stipend at UKRI charges (£14,777 in 2018/19).
- Nationality: The scholarship name is open to candidates from all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: eight doctoral scholarships are to be had.
- Scholarship can also be taken in the United Kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The scholarship name is open to candidates from all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the next standards:
- Candidates making use of for a PhD stage should usually hang a just right Honours stage (First or 2:1) or a Master’s Degree (at Merit or Distinction) in a related, suitable matter, or the identical from an across the world recognised establishment. In addition, programmes of find out about at particular person colleges have explicit access necessities that want to be fulfilled (test beneath “access necessities” tab on Kent’s course finder page)
- The University of Kent calls for all non-native audio system of English to succeed in a minimal usual of skillability in written and spoken English prior to starting a postgraduate stage. For additional information on English language necessities, please seek advice from this page.
How to Apply: Applications for GCDC scholarships can also be each student-led and project-led.
For student-led packages, students can recommend their very own analysis tasks. In this example, we strongly suggest students to touch the manager they have got in thoughts to talk about their analysis proposal forward of making use of officially. Staff touch main points can also be discovered at the related school’s website.
When making use of, students must apply the University of Kent’s online application process. As phase of the method, students must come with the next:
– give an explanation for causes for find out about/define analysis proposal;
– supply main points/proof of ;
– supply two educational references;
– supply different private knowledge and supporting documentation.
For project-led packages, we invite educational team of workers contributors throughout all Kent schools to signify tasks appropriate for a PhD scholar to habits. Please summarize the task objectives (max 500 phrases),what type of attributes and talents you’re searching for in potential candidates (300 phrases), how the task is ODA compliant (200 phrases), and the way the task suits throughout the GCRF’s remit (max 200 phrases). Interested lecturers must put up their project-led packages by means of Monday, 26th November 2018 to graduateschool-at-kent.ac.united kingdom. We will put up the task descriptions at the GCDC website online and open them up for scholar packages. Students who’re in making use of for project-led packages must nonetheless put up their on-line utility following the method defined above.
The packages might be assessed by means of a panel appointed by means of the Kent GCRF Advisory Board. The panel will come with the Dean of the Graduate School, the GCDC educational lead, and Associate Deans for Graduate Studies from all three schools. The panel will collect a shortlist in line with the standard of packages, in addition to compliance with ODA and GCRF investment regulations. Shortlisted applicants might be invited for interview (to be performed in individual or by way of Skype) in February 2019.