The University of Guelph is inviting applications for Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program. The scholarships are available for students entering the first semester of a master (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph.
The OMAFRA – U of G Partnership funds the Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Program to support the development of highly skilled graduates who can meet the changing demands of the agri-food and rural sector. The health of these sectors depends on a vibrant talent pool of skilled, forward-thinking learners.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: March 19, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for students entering the first semester of a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph.
- Study Subject: Scholarships OMAFRA’s priorities are contained within the following seven theme areas: Agricultural Policy and Rural Development; Bioeconomy – Industrial Uses, Emergency Management, Environmental Sustainability, Food for Health, Product Development and Enhancement through Value Chain Collaborations and Production Systems (Plants and Animals).
- Scholarship Award: Master’s students: $21,300 per year (up to $17,300 from HQP Program, plus $4,000 annual top-up from Faculty Advisor) and Doctoral students: $26,000 per year (up to $21,000 from HQP Program, plus $5,000 annual top-up from Faculty Advisor)
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Canadian and international students studying in Canada are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for the HQP Scholarship Program you must:
Be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or studying under an international visa;
Be entering your first semester of a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph;
Not have already started your graduate program;
Not be an OMAFRA employee
Not concurrently hold other major awards such as NSERC, OGS, SSHRC or CIHR.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
The OMAFRA – U of G Research Program uses a web-based software called Research Management System (RMS) for processing HQP scholarship applications and reporting on projects.
- You must register in the RMS before you can prepare an application. You do not need to register again if you have previously submitted a letter of intent (LOI) or full proposal to an OMAFRA-U of G Partnership program or an OMAFRA program through the RMS.
- Have an RMS account? Access the login page for RMS to start an application
- Need an RMS account? Visit RMS registration page to get a username and password
- Student research must address OMAFRA’s research priorities