The analysis workforce on Ecosystem Processes on the Institute of Marine Research (IMR) in Norway and the Department of Arctic and Marine Biology at UiT, the Arctic University of Norway, is inviting packages for a 3-year PhD place.
The essential space of study for the present PhD place is to discover the believable long run dynamics of the Barents Sea ecosystem below weather and fishing pressures.
The Institute of Marine Research (IMR) is the largest analysis institute of its sort in Europe, with over 1,000 staff and a variety of analysis amenities and laboratories of the top international usual. Our primary actions are analysis, advisory paintings and tracking. The Institute owns and operates six analysis vessels.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is to be had to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in dynamic modelling of meals webs in the Barents Sea. The essential space of study for the present PhD place is to discover the believable long run dynamics of the Barents Sea ecosystem below weather and fishing pressures.
- Scholarship Award: Its provides:
- A favorable, difficult and inventive paintings surroundings.
- The alternative to paintings in a national institute with a top degree of international touch.
- Flexible operating hours, and a variety of welfare services and products.
The Institute of Marine Research provides a governmentally regulated wage as 1017 PhD fellow and a pension scheme throughout the Norwegian Public Service Pension Funds, and different welfare advantages (see www.spk.no/en/ for additional information).
- Nationality: International students are eligible to use for this place.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers no longer given
- Scholarship can also be taken in Norway
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to use for this place.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you should meet the next necessities:
The candidate should hang a grasp level and should record a forged background in implemented statistics, time collection research and enjoy in programming in Matlab or R. In addition, the candidate must be acquainted with a number of of the next subjects: trophic and group ecology, climate-fisheries interactions, linear algebra, style sensitivity research, causal modelling, multivariate modelling, pattern-oriented modelling and matched physical-biological modelling.
The a hit applicant must have just right talents in Norwegian or different Scandinavian languages or be prepared to be informed Norwegian inside of a cheap time. The applicant should have a fluent command of English, each written and verbal. How to fulfill the language requirement.
Admission to a PhD programme is a prerequisite for employment in a PhD place; cf. Section 6 of the Regulations for the level of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) on the UiT The Arctic University of Norway. The plan for the PhD programme should be authorized and the contract signed no later than six weeks, after the beginning date. In reference to this, the one who is appointed can obtain a duration of as much as two months in which to publish a draft in their challenge description/transformed challenge description and an offer of classes for the instruction element. In the development that the PhD contract isn’t finished inside the stipulated closing date, the employer might annul the contract; cf. Section 1-Three(eight) of the Regulations in relation to stipulations of employment for positions of Postdoctoral Fellows, PhD Candidate, and Research Assistant.
English Language Requirements: The applicant should have a fluent command of English, each written and verbal. How to fulfill the language requirement.
How to Apply: Apply for the location in http://www.jobbnorge.no/
It is needed that utility paperwork (discussed beneath) are uploaded in Jobbnorge prior to the submission closing date. Documents should be qualified and translated into Scandinavian or English, when acceptable.
- Letter of utility
- CV (containing a whole assessment of training, supervised skilled coaching paintings)
- Diploma and transcript out of your Bachelor’s level or similar
- Diploma and transcript out of your Master’s level or similar
- Diploma complement for finished levels
- Documentation of English language skillability
- Reference letter and make contact with knowledge
- List of works and outline of those the record of works shall comprise the next knowledge:
- Author(s), the paintings’s identify
- For articles: the magazine’s identify and quantity, the primary and final web page of the item, yr of newsletter
- For publications: writer, printer, yr of newsletter, collection of pages