The new Japan Africa Scholarship (JADS) Program is now to be had for all new African students to pursue two years grasp level programme. This is an absolutely funded scholarship to be had to review in Japan.
The overarching function that the AfDB and the Government of Japan search to score is to support abilities and human assets advancement in Africa in a variety of precedence spaces concerning science and generation with a distinct center of attention at the power sector.
The overarching purpose of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group is to spur sustainable financial advancement and social growth in its regional member nations (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty aid.
- Application Deadline: Varying by means of establishments
- Course Level: Scholarships are to be had to review two-year grasp level programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the sphere of advancement spaces at the continent and in another country (together with in Japan).
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship program supplies tuition, a per 30 days dwelling stipend, and round-trip airfare, health insurance coverage, and trip allowance.
The JADS Scholarship supplies the recipient with the next advantages:
- Economy elegance air trip between your own home nation and the host university originally of the learn about program and instantly following the top of the scholarship duration.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the price of fundamental medical insurance coverage normally bought during the university.
- A per 30 days subsistence allowance to hide dwelling bills, together with books.
For students engaged in analysis, a distinct grant could also be to be had for analysis and thesis preparation. In particular instances, laptop literacy, preparatory language and different equivalent lessons could also be lined beneath the scholarship. Please word all JADS scholarships duvet the length of the graduate program or two years, whichever is much less.
The JADS Scholarship does no longer duvet:
- VISA utility(s) prices
- Expenses to deliver and/or give a boost to pupil’s members of the family;
- Extra-curricular lessons or coaching;
- Language coaching no longer supplied by means of the graduate program;
- Additional trip right through the process the learn about program;
- Expenses associated with supplementary tutorial fabrics, box journeys, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational apparatus similar to computer systems.
Note: The JADS Scholarship might best complement, and does no longer replica, another supply of monetary give a boost to/fellowship you’ll have. If decided on as a finalist or if you’re awarded a scholarship, you should tell the JADS when you have different resources of scholarship finances. The JADS stipend could also be withdrawn utterly or partly if right through the scholarship duration this system has proof of extra resources of give a boost to.
- Nationality: African students are eligible to use.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers no longer given
- Scholarship will also be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: African students are eligible to use:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you should meet the next necessities:
The program is open to those that have received admission to an licensed Masters level path at a Japanese spouse university. Candidates must be 35 years previous or more youthful; in just right health; with a Bachelor’s level or its identical in the power space or linked space; and feature a awesome instructional file. Upon finishing touch in their learn about methods, students are anticipated to go back to their house nation to give a contribution to its financial and social advancement.
Details on Eligibility Criteria are supplied in that decision’s Application Guidelines, and those detailed eligibility standards are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
Broadly talking, nationals of African nations should:
- Be a national of an AfDB member nation;
- Be in just right health;
- Hold a Bachelor (or identical) level in the power space (or linked box) earned no less than 1 years previous to the applying cut-off date date;
- Have 1 years or extra of latest development-related enjoy after incomes a Bachelor (or identical) level;
- Be authorised unconditionally to enrol in the approaching instructional 12 months in no less than one of the most JADS spouse universities for a Master’s level;
- Applicants dwelling or operating in a rustic rather then his or her house nation don’t seem to be eligible for scholarships.
- JADS does no longer give a boost to candidates who’re already enrolled in graduate level methods.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her trade, and/or team of workers of all kinds of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or an in depth relative of the aforementioned by means of blood or adoption with the time period “shut relative” outlined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Please word: All eligibility standards are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility standards won’t trade right through an open name for packages. However, this data is topic to switch between the shut of 1 utility procedure and the hole of the following.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language isn’t English are normally required to supply proof of talent in English on the upper degree required by means of the University.
How to Apply: Applicants should, in parallel, practice for admissions to a number of of the spouse universities and practice for a JADS scholarship thru an open name normally introduced throughout the 2nd quarter of a calendar 12 months.
When the scholarship utility opens, the finalized checklist of decided on methods, the applying tips, and a finalized checklist of eligibility standards will likely be to be had in this web site. The scholarship utility should be finished during the university of selection and come with two skilled references. Note that if the applicant is admitted to a number of grasp level methods, he/she should make a selection the only they must be thought to be for JADS investment. Japanese JADS spouse universities will ship shortlisted candidates to AfDB for overview and choice. JADS awardees will likely be invited for a seminar at AfDB Headquarters previous to their trip to Japan.
- Applicant requests for utility knowledge from any African spouse university.
- Applicant receives utility paperwork from their most well-liked Japanese spouse establishment.
- Applicant completes required paperwork for utility together with JADS knowledge sheet.
- Applicant sends paperwork to the chosen Japanese spouse university.
- University sends shortlist of applicants to AfDB.
- AfDB overview submission from universities.
- AfDB recommends awardees in line with its variety standards to the Japanese. Executive Director for approval
- AfDB contacts decided on awardees and tell spouse universities.
- AfDB organizes a seminar of all students on the AfDB headquarters in Abidjan, Ivory Coast