If you’re in search of an internship, you’ve got a possibility to sign up for the 2019 LAWG Summer Internship at Latin America Working Group (LAWG) as an Advocacy Intern. You will help with their efforts to advertise a human rights-based method to U.S. coverage in opposition to Latin America.
Interns paintings intently with workforce on all 4 campaigns, doing what’s essential because it arises. Interns are inspired to paintings no less than 3 days or 20 hours a week.
As an intern, you’ll acquire enjoy running in a certified setting throughout the lens of a D.C.-based nonprofit; and talents in on-line grassroots political organizing.
Field of Internship: Internship is to be had for politics, economics, social problems, and human rights
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Latin America Working Group (LAWG)
An internship may also be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, candidates should:
- Classification: Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or fresh graduate/different
- Candidate should be enrolled in any primary on the university and feature certified GPA
- Applicants should have a powerful passion within the working out of politics, economics, social problems, and human rights in Latin America
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? Internships are unpaid however are eligible for a $10/day go back and forth stipend and educational credit score.
The internship comprises some administrative duties however leans extra closely to programmatic ones. The workplace is fast moving, however the workforce are pleasant and approachable.
Specific duties come with, however don’t seem to be restricted to, aiding in analysis and writing of weblog posts and different literature, attending conferences and congressional hearings, posting to social media, and aiding workforce with day-to-day and long-term tasks.
Number of awards introduced: Numbers now not given
Internship Duration: At least 3 days or 20 hours a week.
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To follow, it is very important entire an online application form.
The candidates should put up all of the following paperwork in one pdf with the name, “Last Name, First Name: Position Title Semester Year”.
- Cover-letter that states: Why you’re particularly thinking about LAWG’s paintings? Why you’re certified for the placement, together with related coursework, enjoy, or find out about out of the country
- Writing pattern: 2-Three pages most (may also be an excerpt) in English that specializes in a related subject (Latin America, U.S. coverage in opposition to Latin America, human rights problems, advocacy). It may also be an educational paper, weblog submit, or information article. Optional: writing pattern in Spanish with the similar as above.
- Two references with: Capacity by which you labored with them, and Email and speak to quantity
Internship Application Deadline: Internship utility time limit is July 14, 2019.
- March 14: Summer Internship (overdue May/early June to mid-August)
- July 14: Fall Internship (overdue August/early September to mid-December)
- November 14: Spring Internship (mid-January to mid-May)