The Lancaster University is providing a 3 yr totally funded Leverhulme PhD studentship in the Sociology Department at the University. The studentship is to be had for UK and EU voters.
The Lancaster University, additionally formally referred to as the University of Lancaster, is a public examine university in Lancaster, Lancashire, England.
Applicants whose first language isn’t English is also required to offer a sound English language take a look at certificates similar to IELTS, Pearson Test of English, Academic, (PTE) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
- Application shut: May 18, 2018
- Course Level: Studentship is to be had to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the Sociology Department at Lancaster University.
- Scholarship Award:
- The PhD is for three years period;
- Payment of educational charges (at the usual RCUK charge);
- A Maintenance Stipend (£14,777 pa);
- Access to a Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) (£800 pa) for repayment of research-related bills together with – however no longer restricted to – convention attendance, coaching lessons and gear. Additional examine prices (similar to entailed in fieldwork) can be supported as suitable;
- Access to a spread of coaching and building equipped by means of the Sociology Department, the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, the Material Social Futures PhD Programme, and the Institute for Social Futures;
- The Material Social Futures PhD programme will be offering non-compulsory internships (together with international placements) in the second one and or 3rd yr of coaching.
- Nationality: Available to UK and EU voters.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers no longer given
- Scholarship will also be taken in the United Kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Studentship is to be had for UK and EU voters.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants will have to meet the next necessities:
- Candidates will ideally have a background and educational pastime in sociology; anthropology, science and generation research; Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), historical past of generation, subject matter tradition or social idea. Knowledge of related educational debates can be an important merit.
- Candidates will have to have of the usual of Bachelor’s level at first or higher 2d elegance degree, and will have to even have a appropriate Master’s level or similar (or may have finished a Master’s level by means of the beginning date October 2018) in a related self-discipline.
- Candidates will wish to reveal that they have got won coaching in the theoretical and methodological sides of each qualitative and quantitative examine.
- Candidates will have to fulfill the ESRC’s educational and home eligibility necessities (i.e. the United Kingdom or EU citizenship at the time of software).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language isn’t English is also required to offer a sound English language take a look at certificates similar to IELTS, Pearson Test of English, Academic, (PTE) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
How to Apply:
- A complete CV, together with two named referees (certainly one of whom will have to be your most up-to-date educational tutor/manager);
- A replica of Bachelor’s level and Master’s level transcript (or the reproduction of similar );
- A letter of software (no longer exceeding two pages of A4) outlining your suitability for a PhD and explaining how you could possibly method the examine;
- An instance of postgraduate degree written paintings (e.g. a examine article, bankruptcy, or essay).