Applications are invited for The Gilbreth Postdoctoral Fellowships at Purdue Engineering in america. Fellowships are to be had for international students.
The objective of the Lillian Gilbreth Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at Purdue Engineering is to draw and get ready exceptional folks with lately awarded PhDs for a profession in engineering academia thru interdisciplinary analysis, coaching, building.
Purdue University is a public analysis university in West Lafayette, Indiana, and the flagship campus of the Purdue University device. The university used to be based in 1869 after Lafayette businessman John Purdue donated land and cash to determine a college of science, era, and agriculture in his identify.
- Applications Deadline: December 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are to be had to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to review other research areas.
- Scholarship Award: Gilbreth Fellows are appointed for a two-year time period, and obtain an annual stipend of $60,000 and advantages. A $five,000 grant may be equipped for skilled building reminiscent of attending meetings or workshops and is mentored for their long run instructional careers thru a lot of systems.
- Nationality: Fellowships are to be had for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers now not given
- Scholarship may also be taken in america
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are to be had for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the next standards:
Individuals who’ve both finished their PhD inside two years of the Fellowship utility time limit or are in the general yr in their PhD program in engineering or comparable sciences on the time of utility can follow.
Note: A candidate’s Lillian Gilbreth Postdoctoral Fellowship co-advisor(s) can’t come with their PhD thesis guide(s).
How to Apply: The Lillian Gilbreth Postdoctoral Fellows shall be decided on by means of a panel of prominent school in accordance with their CV, letters of suggestions, and possible for broader have an effect on on business and society, and proposed analysis.
For long run reference, utility fabrics come with an application and the next pieces:
- Cover letter describing how the Gilbreth Fellowship will lend a hand the candidate’s growth towards their targets in engineering academia.
- Curriculum Vitae together with listing of publications.
- One-page analysis commentary that comes with targets and importance of proposed interdisciplinary paintings and suggests possible Purdue engineering school contributors who may also be co-advisors.
- A one-page essay on their proposed broader have an effect on thru schooling/outreach/engagement.
- Three letters of advice that come with detailed exams of (a) the candidate’s and (b) possible for good fortune in academia thru scholarly analysis and broader have an effect on thru analysis/schooling/engagement.
Applicants must add the duvet letter, curriculum vita, analysis commentary and have an effect on commentary as a unmarried .pdf document by the use of our application form.