The Faculty of Science of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) invitations packages for six MacGillavry Fellowships. These fellowships are to be had in the sector of Biological Science and Biomedical Science, Earth Sciences (Physical Geography), Informatics and Logic, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Mathematics, and Statistics.
The program is the Tenure-track place open for the gifted feminine researchers from around the Netherlands. This place is a part of the Collective Information Project, which is able to in the end make use of a complete of 5 junior researchers. It is funded through the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) below the VICI scheme.
The University of Amsterdam is a public university situated in Amsterdam, Netherlands; it’s the third-oldest university in the Netherlands. It is one of the biggest analysis universities in Europe with 31,186 students, four,794 group of workers, 1,340 PhD students and an annual price range of €600 million.
- Application Deadline: four February 2019
- Course Level: Position is to be had for a PhD researcher.
- Study Subject: Astronomy, Informatics and Logic, Biological Science and Biomedical Science, Earth Sciences (Physical Geography), Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Statistic
- Scholarship Award:
- The annual wage vary for an assistant professor, together with annual vacation allowance and the bonus is between € 50,755 and € 78,935 (earlier than tax), relying on enjoy and previous efficiency;
- beneficiant vacation depart preparations;
- utility for sexy fiscal preparations (the ‘30% rule’) is imaginable for staff from out of the country;
- participation in the Dutch pension scheme for university team of workers;
- collective bargain on health insurance coverage;
- superb parental depart applications.
- Nationality: Talented feminine researchers from the Netherlands are eligible to use for the location.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of place isn’t given
- Scholarship will also be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The students of the Netherlands can practice for this fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements:
- A PhD level in one of the clinical disciplines of their Faculty
- A systematic profile that hyperlinks to 1 of the analysis fields eligible for utility
- A e-newsletter file in international, prime quality, peer-reviewed journals
- A couple of years of postdoctoral enjoy, ideally at the international degree
- Affinity for educating at the undergraduate and graduate degree
- Well-developed organisational and conversation talents
- English Language Requirements: Applicant will have to be fluent in English.
The following fields in the MacGillavry programme are eligible for packages:
- Astronomy: Exoplanets and Planet formation, Stars and Stellar populations;
- Informatics: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Information Retrieval, Data Science, Computational Science, Systems and Security, Health Informatics;
- Biodiversity & Earth Science: Ecosystem & Landscape Dynamics, Evolutionary and Population Biology, Theoretical and Computational Ecology, Freshwater & Marine Ecology;
- Physics: a variety of analysis spaces in Physics, for instance inside of Theoretical Physics (in specific Quantum many-body-theory and Quantum simulations), or inside of Experimental particle or Astroparticle Physics;
- Mathematics: Statistics, Statistical information science, Discrete arithmetic, Quantum knowledge concept, Post-quantum cryptography, Geometry, Number concept, Representation concept;
- Life Sciences: System biology approaches in Host-microbe interactions; Fundamental organic sides of psychological health and
- Chemistry: Analytical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Molecular Photonics, Sustainable Chemistry.
To practice for the MacGillavry Fellowship you’re invited to make use of the applying on-line.
Note the extra knowledge at the utility shape referring to paperwork you’re asked to glue and a request for references.
How to Apply: To practice for the MacGillavry Fellowship you’re invited to make use of the application form at the MacGillavry site of the Faculty of Science.