The Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam (MOET) and University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) are jointly providing MoET-VIED/USC PhD Scholarships. These scholarships are available to pursue Doctor of Philosophy and Masters by Research programs.
The aim of the scholarships is to support Vietnamese Students who intend to undertake a research degree at USC.
The University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) is a public university based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Having opened in 1996 as the Sunshine Coast University College with 524 students, it was renamed the University of the Sunshine Coast in 1999.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Doctor of Philosophy and Masters by Research programs.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following fields:
- Be proposing to undertake research in one of USC’s areas of Research Focus-
- Psychology in Human Factors and Accident Research
- Aquaculture and Agriculture
- Animal and Marine Ecology
- Forestry Research
- Biomedical Science and Nursing
- Social Science of Environmental Change
Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover the following:
- The successful applicant will receive the following support for the standard duration of the PhD program (three years full-time) or Masters program (1.5 years full-time):
- Stipend commensurate with the Research Training Program rate, which in 2017 is A$26,682.
- International tuition fees.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
- Funding to support research costs from the faculty of enrolment (maximum $6,000).
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Have been selected by MoET-VIED to receive their scholarship support.
- Meet USC’s standard entry criteria to their nominated higher degree by research program.
- Undergraduate Achievement.
- Research alignment sees above areas of Research Focus.
- Most recent or relevant degree.
- Relevant professional research experience (if applicable).
Nationality: Vietnamese applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a most recent or relevant degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Applicants must provide their letter of support from MoET-VIED when applying for admission at USC.
- Complete an Application for Admission and include the name of this scholarship on the application.
- Respond to all selection criteria listed. Download the Response to PGRS Selection Criteria template (Word 1,028KB).
- Please refer to How to apply for a postgraduate research scholarship for important information.
- Email an electronic copy of your application with scanned copies of supporting documents to
Application Deadline: Application will be accepted at any time in 2017.