Applications are invited for the particular and thrilling new programme i.e. Open Society Fellowships in Investigative Reporting. Each fellowship will closing for 18 months, consisting of 12 months’ learn about, 6 months’ internship and attendance at two international investigative journalism meetings (one in South African and one in the US).
Journalism.co.za, or Jocoza, is administered through the Journalism Programme of the University of the Witwatersrand. It is administered through workforce and students, although most of the contributions come from different newshounds and correspondents. The web site is meant each as a useful resource for running newshounds in Southern Africa and a instructing instrument for the university programme. It gives a spread of stories, perspectives and data, and is up to date day-to-day. It additionally permits media firms to search out new skill, to advertise services and products, award programmes, coaching or occasions in a large number of how.
- Applications Deadline: December 17, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are to be had to pursue BA Honors programme.
- Study Subject: The students will do a three-week direction in Fundamentals of Social Accountability Monitoring to offer a basis for his or her venture. Fellows will do the Wits BA Hons in Journalism and Media Studies with a specialisation in Investigative Journalism. The Honours shall be made up of 5 lessons and 3 particular parts.
The lessons shall be:
- Journalism Studies
- Investigative Journalism A and B
- A number of probably the most following lessons:
- Video Journalism
- Online Journalism
- Scholarship Award: The Fellowship can pay all learn about and shuttle prices, in addition to a stipend for the 18 months.
- Nationality: This scholarship is to be had for South African in addition to African students.
- Number of Scholarships: Four of the positions shall be reserved for South African citizens, and the 5th is open to applicants from the African continent.
- Scholarship will also be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is to be had for South African in addition to African students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the next standards:
Candidates should have at least two years of journalism or related enjoy and be eligible for Wits Journalism’s mid-career Honours programme: you should both have an undergraduate stage with 65% or higher, or go via an RPL front take a look at. This is an affirmative motion programme and black and feminine applicants shall be favoured. Four of the positions shall be reserved for South African citizens, and the 5th is open to applicants from the African continent.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language isn’t English are most often required to offer proof of skillability in English on the upper stage required through the University.
How to Apply: Applicants for 2019 will have to post a CV with supporting documentation, a letter of motivation and two references to OSFFellowships-at-gmail.com through December 17, 2018, and applicants should be to be had for an interview in January.