The FWO is providing PhD Fellowship in Strategic Basic Research to review in Belgium. Fellowships are to be had for International Students.
A PhD fellowship strategic fundamental study lets in younger researchers to transform strategically considering and innovation-oriented scientists.
The FWO helps basic and strategic clinical study, stimulates international cooperation and promotes equivalent alternative. An entire evaluate of all conceivable financing assets may also be discovered at “Fellowships and Financing”.
- Applications Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are to be had to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded for strategic fundamental study.
- Scholarship Award:
- Period: 2 years, renewable as soon as
- Net scholarship quantity: minimal € 2.015,51
- Fixed bench charge: €three,720 consistent with 12 months
- Nationality: Fellowships are to be had for International Students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers now not given
- Scholarship may also be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are to be had for International Students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the next standards:
- 1. Fellows of a postdoctoral (PhD) grant strategic fundamental study should be affiliated to a university in the Flemish Community, perhaps in collaboration with a Flemish or Federal clinical establishment the place they behavior their study.
- 2. Fellows can behavior a part of their study at a Flemish corporate for a length of extreme 12 months consistent with grant length of two years, equipped such collaboration considerably contributes to the PhD challenge and a written settlement is concluded between the host establishment of the guy and the corporate, in which preparations are made with reference to the highbrow belongings rights. The host establishment stays the landlord of the highbrow belongings rights. Any switch transaction to the corporate should be concluded at arm’s duration.
Candidates should publish and shield their software in English for the needs of the international peer overview.
- 1. At the beginning of the fellowship, applicants should be holder of a degree a minimum of identical to a grasp’s stage following a bachelor’s stage and awarded by way of the competent establishments in one of the crucial international locations of the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
- 2. For the appliance of the previous paragraph, master-after-master diplomas, as described in the Higher Education Register at www.hogeronderwijsregister.be, don’t seem to be considered.
- three. Diplomas awarded by way of the competent establishments in one of the crucial international locations of the European Economic Area or Switzerland or diplomas awarded by way of the competent establishments in the French-speaking Community are recognised as identical to diplomas awarded by way of the competent establishments in the Flemish Community in accordance with the Decision of the Flemish Government at the codification of the decree provisions with regards to upper training of 11 October 2013, the acceptable European directives or a bilateral settlement.
Art. 7. (as amended by way of resolution of the board of trustees of 28 March and 27 June 2018)
- 1. The grasp’s stage or identical degree, at the foundation of which the appliance is submitted, should were got now not previous than 3 years prior to the final date of the decision.
- 2. The limits specified in paragraph 1 are prolonged by way of 12 months consistent with length of a minimum of 3 months of maternity go away, consistent with steady length of a minimum of 3 months of full-time parental go away or consistent with steady length of a minimum of 3 months full-time illness go away taken between the date of the related grasp’s stage and the appliance.
- three. The limits specified in paragraph 1 are prolonged by way of the period of the learn about programme resulting in the stage of physician-specialist, pharmacist-specialist or resident veterinarian, equipped the learn about programme has a period of greater than 1 12 months. A 1-year learn about programme can not result in an extension of the bounds outlined in paragraph 1.
- four. The Executive Committee of the Research Foundation – Flanders might exceptionally deviate from the bounds specified in paragraph 1 in circumstances the place, for social and medical causes, there was both an interruption in the initial degree, or a discounted capability to paintings.
Art. eight. (as amended by way of resolution of the board of trustees of 27 June 2018 and 24 October 2018)
1. At the final date of the decision, the clinical revel in of applicants, each remunerated and non-remunerated, obtained since gaining a grasp’s stage or identical degree, shall now not have exceeded a length of 18 months.
2. By prior clinical revel in is supposed a wide variety of clinical actions together with the ones which can be substantively other from the PhD proposal or that can not be described as PhD degree study, equivalent to application- or policy-oriented study or service-oriented study.
Appointments at universities or university schools equivalent to Tetra, BOF, VLAIO initiatives, SBO, or assistant fellowships are all the time taken into consideration except the candidate used to be appointed underneath a non-research similar statute, e.g. as follow assistant or educating assistant, or administrative or technical body of workers.
If the candidate used to be hired in the industry endeavor sector, the activity description is a co-determining issue.
three. In figuring out the 18-month length referred to in the primary paragraph, the employment share is taken into consideration.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language isn’t English are generally required to offer proof of talent in English on the upper degree required by way of the University.
How to Apply: You entire your software on-line.