Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship in Applied Mathematics at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. The scholar will likely be supervised by way of Dr Christopher Green – holder of a DECRA (Discovery Early Career Researcher Award) Fellowship of the ARC (Australian Research Council) – in the Department of Mathematics.
The function of the PhD challenge is to discover and increase new strategies and idea for very best fluid movement on surfaces with holes (compact Riemann surfaces of genus more than 0).
Macquarie University is a public analysis university primarily based in Sydney, Australia, in the suburb of Macquarie Park. Founded in 1964 by way of the New South Wales Government, it used to be the 3rd university to be established in the metropolitan space of Sydney.
If English isn’t your first language then it is important to display that your English language talents are at a prime sufficient stage to prevail in your research.
- Application Deadline: May 7, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is to be had for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the sphere of Applied Mathematics. The applicant will paintings at the challenge ‘Towards new idea for fluid movement on surfaces with holes’.
- Scholarship Award: The PhD scholarship is for three years and will likely be funded by way of the ARC DECRA grant (DE180101098) of Dr Green. The a success candidate will likely be primarily based in the Department of Mathematics at Macquarie University for the total Three-year period of the challenge. There are trip finances to be had for the coed to give their paintings at meetings. The scholar base wage can also be supplemented by way of instructing tasks such marking and educational supply.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can also be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Australia are eligible to use.
- Entrance Requirements: The a success candidate must have finished a Masters stage (or identical) in arithmetic or the bodily sciences. A elementary wisdom of complicated research, partial differential equations and fluid dynamics is fascinating, as would any prior analysis enjoy, e.g. participation in a summer time holiday analysis programme.
- English Language Requirements: If English isn’t your first language then it is important to display that your English language talents are at a prime sufficient stage to prevail in your research.
How to Apply:
The utility process comprises 2 steps. First, candidates should publish an utility containing: a canopy letter, a CV, one or two letters of advice, copies of stage certificate, and transcripts of exam effects, by means of e-mail. The time limit is 7 May 2018. Second, short-listed applicants will likely be interviewed by means of Skype for roughly 20 mins, and then a call on the most popular candidate will likely be made. The most popular candidate will then want to be officially authorised by way of Macquarie University.