The Ghent University is excited to announce PhD scholarship in Computer Science: Human-Computer Interaction for candidates who’ve Master of Science level in Computer Science or Civil Engineering/Computer Science (or similar).
This challenge targets to fill this lacuna and can create the primary morphosyntactically annotated and parsed corpus of the European Spanish dialects.
Ghent University is a most sensible 100 university and one of the crucial primary universities in Belgium. Our 11 schools be offering quite a lot of classes and habits in-depth analysis in each precise and social sciences. Ghent University targets to inspire its students to undertake a essential way inside an inventive, development-oriented tutorial and analysis atmosphere.
To be capable of decide the skillability of any person’s wisdom of Dutch or English, Ghent University makes use of the Common European Framework Reference for Foreign Languages. There are six international language skillability ranges and is a foundation for the popularity of language .
- Applications Deadline: January 07, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is to be had to check PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the sector of Computer Science: Human-Computer Interaction. The PhD analysis matter is a part of a Hercules (FWO) challenge (see description underneath), and makes a speciality of design and realisation of “Games with a function / Serious video games” with packages in the area of Spanish dialectology and Natural Language Processing.
- Nationality: Scholarship is to be had for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers now not given
- Scholarship will also be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is to be had for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants will have to meet the next standards:
- The candidate has a Master of Science level in Computer Science or Civil Engineering/Computer Science (or similar).
- The candidate will have to have exceptional instructional abilities, and a transparent pastime in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) analysis.
- The candidate has intensive wisdom and a perfect pastime in device advancement, as a result of device advancement of gaming packages is finished all the way through the analysis trajectory.
- The candidate will have to be capable of paintings independently in addition to in a multidisciplinary group, and shall be guided by means of advisors with a pc science/HCI background (UHasselt) and with a background in language research / linguistics (UGent). Therefore, the candidate will spend time in each host universities.
- It is a sturdy merit if the candidate has won coaching and/or won revel in in Human-Computer Interaction subjects associated with end-user interplay and motivation, user-centred design approaches, prototyping and analysis ways.
- Experience growing packages for cellular gadgets in addition to recreation advancement is a plus. A conceivable class of video games this is envisioned in the analysis are 2D on-line video games.
- Due to the appliance area of the challenge and the actions to accomplish throughout the PhD trajectory, having complicated wisdom of the Spanish language is very fascinating.
The a success candidate is appointed for two years, and the scholarship is extended for some other two years after a good analysis of the candidate’s analysis trajectory.
How to Apply: The utility in English will have to come with
- A motivation letter, summarizing the candidate’s background and functions, and describing his/her motivation for this place
- Attested copies of training certificate, and a listing of grasp classes with the grades bought
- An intensive CV
- Contact data (electronic mail) of doable referees
Applications are to be despatched by means of electronic mail to Prof. Dr Miriam Bouzouita (Miriam.Bouzouita-at-UGent.be) and Dr Gustavo Rovelo gustavo.roveloruiz-at-uhasselt.be. Application cut-off date: January seventh, 2019.
Contact individuals for additional info:
- For common details about the Hercules challenge: Prof. Dr Miriam Bouzouita (Principal Investigator): Miriam.Bouzouita-at-UGent.be;
- For specs about this put up: Prof. Dr Karin Coninx karin.coninx-at-uhasselt.be and Dr Gustavo Rovelo gustavo.roveloruiz-at-uhasselt.be.