In the context of a analysis infrastructure challenge, a scholarship is obtainable for a PhD scholar in the LT3 Language and Translation Technology Team at the Ghent University Department of Translation, Interpreting and Communication.
The a success applicant will take part in a multidisciplinary analysis collaboration between UGent and UHasselt (Expertise Centre for Digital Media).
Ghent University is a best 100 university and one of the most main universities in Belgium. Our 11 colleges be offering a variety of classes and behavior in-depth analysis in each actual and social sciences. Ghent University objectives to inspire its students to undertake a important manner inside an artistic, development-oriented instructional and analysis atmosphere.
- Applications Deadline: January 07, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is to be had to review PhD programme.
- Study Subject: SThe a success applicant will take part in a multidisciplinary analysis collaboration between UGent and UHasselt (Expertise Centre for Digital Media).
- Nationality: Scholarship is to be had for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers now not given
- Scholarship may also be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is to be had for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the next standards:
- • Master’s level in a related box ((Computational) Linguistics, or Computer Science)
- • Strong pastime in language and speech generation
- • Interested in analysis and having the purpose to procure a PhD level
- • Fluent in English and Spanish
- • Strong interpersonal and communique abilities
- • Eager to obtain new competencies and data
- • Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Java) •
- The candidate will have to be capable to paintings independently in addition to in a multidisciplinary group, and will probably be guided by means of advisors with a pc science/computational linguistics background (UGent-UHasselt) and with a background in dialectology/linguistics (UGent).
How to Apply: The utility in English will have to come with
- A motivation letter, summarizing the candidate’s background and features, and describing his/her motivation for this place
- Attested copies of training certificate, and an inventory of grasp classes with the grades acquired
- An intensive CV • touch data (e mail) of possible referees
- Applications are to be despatched by means of e mail to Prof. Dr Veronique Hoste ([email protected]) and Prof. Dr Miriam Bouzouita ([email protected]). Application time limit: January seventh, 2019.
- Contact individuals for more info:
- For common details about the Hercules challenge: Prof. Dr Miriam Bouzouita (Principal Investigator): [email protected];
- For specs about this put up: Prof. Dr Veronique Hoste ([email protected])