Specially conceived for younger folks between the ages of 18 and 28, #MyAfricanheritage is an Instagram contest aiming to advertise the outstanding cultural and herbal heritage of the African continent. Each player will put up a photograph of an African web page inscribed at the World Heritage List in conjunction with a temporary description of the web page’s importance to the player and his/her private enjoy throughout the consult with.
The best 3 entries will win a travel for 2 to one of the vital following World Heritage websites: Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) & Serengeti National Park (United Republic of Tanzania), Robben Island(South Africa) and Cidade Velha, Historic of Ribeira Grande (Cabo Verde). The winners can have a novel alternative to find those odd websites and the individuals who paintings each day to keep them. The prizes had been generously introduced via:
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authorities
- Robben Island Museum and the African World Heritage Fund
- Instituto do Património Cultural (IPC) in fee of Cidade Velha’s control.
In addition, the footage of the highest ten entries can be printed on the internet sites of UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre and African World Heritage Fund (AWHF).
Why are UNESCO and the AWHF organizing this picture contest?
The theme of the 3rd version of African World Heritage Day, to be celebrated on five May, is “Cherishing our African Heritage” and is devoted to African formative years. This party will even serve to boost consciousness of the price of African heritage and the want to keep it for long run generations.
1. An person between 18 and 28 years outdated from any nation can participate in this contest. Members of present UNESCO team of workers (both everlasting or transient), folks, siblings, youngsters and spouses of UNESCO team of workers don’t seem to be eligible to take part.
2. The Entries are meant to provide and advertise African World Heritage and the significance of the World Heritage Convention in Africa. They can relate to cultural, herbal or combined World Heritage homes (i.e., websites which might be inscribed at the World Heritage record (http://whc.unesco.org/en/record/).
three. There aren’t any limits at the collection of Entries that every Entrant can publish. The picture will also be ready the usage of a cell phone, digicam or some other tool. Any bills incurred throughout submission are to be borne via the Participant.
four. There is not any registration. Entry is decided via the posting of the picture with accompanying description on Instagram and tagging it with the #MyAfricanHeritage hashtag. To be eligible, Instagram Entries MUST be set as ‘Public’ in order that they’re visual to UNESCO.
five. Entries should be submitted to Instagram prior to 30 April 2018 at 7 p.m. Paris time (GMT + 2). Entries printed after this time limit shall no longer be thought to be. UNESCO shall no longer undergo any accountability for overdue or misplaced Entries because of community failure or some other explanation why.
6. Photos should be taken and the accompanying textual content written via the Entrant him/herself. Verifications might be made to verify that the Entrant is the landlord of the picture. Photos should had been taken in the final 5 years, i.e. after 30 April 2013 at a World Heritage belongings (http://whc.unesco.org/en/record/). Photos will also be colour-corrected or have filters implemented, however must no longer be digitally manipulated in phrases of content material and context.
7. UNESCO reserves the precise to exclude Entries that battle with the rules of the UNESCO Constitution, that experience obscene, violent, sexually specific, sexist or racist content material, or which violate any elementary rights. The Entries should additionally no longer invade the rights of privateness of someone, residing or deceased.
eight. By filing their Entries by way of Instagram and the usage of the #MyAfricanHeritage hashtag, the Entrants settle for that those Entries could also be utilized by UNESCO as a part of its communique actions. By collaborating, the Entrants claim their settlement that UNESCO might use the fabric in line with the UNESCO Open Access coverage.
nine. Entrants should possess the unique rights to Entries and are accountable for having received any important permission from the themes proven at the Entries, in accordance with appropriate regulations. UNESCO is probably not accountable for any claims or court cases towards infringement of rights or damages from 3rd events in the case of the Entries, and the Entrant concurs to indemnify and cling UNESCO risk free in such instances.
10. After 30 April 2018, the highest ten (10) Entries can be contacted by way of the social media profile used to publish the Entry and requested to give you the following knowledge:
o identify of the player (Entrant)
o start date;
o location of the picture;
o date of the picture;
o identify; and
o complete identify of the individual/folks showing at the picture, if appropriate