The 2018 Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship will happen at United Nations Headquarters in New York from 16 September to six October 2018. The RAF fellowship is open to full-time operating reporters between 22 and 35 years of age who’re nationals and citizens of the nations with growing economies or economies in transition.
The Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship is a novel alternative for younger reporters from growing nations and nations with economies in transition to hide the United Nations.
The United Nations is an international group based in 1945. It is lately made up of 193 Member States. The venture and paintings of the United Nations are guided via the needs and ideas contained in its founding Charter.
- Application Deadline: May 7, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are to be had to younger reporters.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the sector of Journalism.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship covers roundtrip airfare out of your nation of place of abode to New York and gives a day-to-day subsistence allowance (roughly $385/day) that can be utilized for lodging and foods.
- Nationality: Applicants from Developing nations are eligible to use.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers no longer given
- Scholarship will also be taken in New York, USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The RAF fellowship is open to full-time operating reporters between 22 and 35 years of age who’re nationals and citizens of the next nations with growing economies or economies in transition:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine (State of), Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you should meet the next necessities:
English Language Requirements: Fellows are anticipated to take part in a sequence of briefings and discussions whilst at Headquarters. Since fellows come from all portions of the arena, the average language of conversation throughout the programme is English, which may be one of the most two operating languages of the United Nations. Fellows can submit their tales in their very own language.
How to Apply: You should practice by means of the net utility shape.
You will want the next paperwork:
- Three (three) revealed paintings samples associated with international affairs. These will also be submitted in their unique language. Please come with a temporary abstract in English for subject matter that’s not submitted in one of the most six professional UN languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
2. A letter of reference out of your present employer or (for freelancers) an editor you may have labored with
three. Your curriculum vitae in English or French
four. Proof of training (your absolute best stage or degree)