Leeds Art and Humanities Research Institute (LHRI) is awarding two new Postdoctoral fellowships for 2019, in collaboration with Special Collections and the Yorkshire Archaeological and Historical Society (YAHS).
These fellowships are designed solely for early-career researchers to make use of the YAHS Special Collections held inside the Brotherton Library.
The University of Leeds is a Russell Group university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, established in 1831. The University strives to reach instructional excellence inside a moral framework knowledgeable through our values of integrity, equality, and inclusion, group, and professionalism.
If English isn’t your first language then it is very important display that your English language abilities are at a prime sufficient degree to prevail in your research.
- Applications Deadline: January 15, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are to be had to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Successful candidates will spend 4 weeks in Leeds to hold out analysis actions aimed at creating the man’s skill to make robust packages to externally-funded post-doctoral positions which will have to then be held at the University of Leeds (e.g. British Academy Post-Doctoral Fellowships; Leverhulme Early-Career Fellowships; Marie Sklodowska-Curie movements; Newton Fellowships, Marie Curie Fellowships, Wellcome Trust Research Fellowships, NERC Research Fellowships).
- Scholarship Award: Fellows will perform their analysis in Leeds over 4 weeks and put up a brief record and weblog publish. Both schemes obtain £2,000 residing bills and as much as £500 go back and forth bills.
- Nationality: Fellowships are to be had for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers no longer given
- Scholarship may also be taken in the United Kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are to be had for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants will have to meet the next standards:
Candidates who’ve finished their PhD at any university are eligible. Scholars who’ve finished their doctorate at Leeds are eligible to use.
All applicants will have to have handed their PhD viva through the applying cut-off date, however no longer previous than April 2014. Exceptions to this rule could also be allowed in positive instances, topic to prior settlement.
English Language Requirements: If English isn’t your first language then it is very important display that your English language abilities are at a prime sufficient degree to prevail in your research.
How to Apply: Completed software bureaucracy must be submitted to the LAHRI Administrator in advance of the cut-off date at 5pm on Tuesday, 15th January 2019.
Fellowships awarded must happen earlier than the tip of September 2019 (and previous to the meant software for an externally-funded fellowship).