MATHEGRAM is now recruiting 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs). Each ESR will paintings at a beneficiary institute with a 36-month employment contract and can sign up as a PhD at a University inside the MATHEGRAM community or affiliated universities.
Each ESR will even obtain further coaching on the community degree and go through secondments at tutorial and/or non-academic MATHEGRAM companions.
MATHEGRAM objectives to equip a brand new technology of inventive, entrepreneurial and leading edge skilled analysis engineers with an open and accountable strategy to their analysis, with interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral (i.e. tutorial and non-academic) revel in.
SIMaP was once created in 2007 from the affiliation of 3 former laboratories of the CNRS (the national centre for science), Grenoble INP (the gang of graduate engineering colleges) and UGA (the University of Grenoble Alpes). In 2016, the laboratory brings in combination about 200 collaborators: 60 colleges and researchers, 15 emerita, 42 technical and administrative team of workers, 80 PhD and postdoc and about 30 trainees from engineer levels to masters. SIMaP is localized at the « east campus » of Grenoble, at the town of Saint Martin d’Hères and spans over about 6300 m2 of constructions of Grenoble–INP.
- Applications Deadline: January eight, 2019
- Course Level: Positions are to be had to review PhD techniques.
- Study Subject: MATHEGRAM objectives to shape a community of PhD students at the theme of powders below prime temperatures.
- Scholarship Award:
- Full-time employment for 36 months;
- Favourable remuneration consistent with EU requirements (Gross EU contribution: Living allowance €3270 per 30 days + mobility allowance €600 + circle of relatives allowance €500 for researchers having circle of relatives). Please be aware the web wage will likely be adjusted in the course of the software of a rustic correction coefficient to the residing allowance of the rustic wherein the researcher will likely be recruited, in addition to subjected to deduction of all obligatory (employer /worker) social safety contributions in addition to direct taxes (e.g. source of revenue tax).
- Inter-sectoral Secondments at different organisations (as much as nine months);
- Starting date: 1st March 2019 or quickly after
- Nationality: These vacancies are open to all nationals, together with applicants from non-EU international locations.
- Number of Scholarships: 15 PhD vacancies (Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher positions) to be had at MATHEGRAM, an MSCA Innovative Training Network (ITN) funded via the EU.
- Scholarship can also be taken in WORK LOCATION(S)
- 2 positions at Department of Chemical and Process Engineering Faculty of Engineering and the Physical Sciences University of Surrey, Guildford, GU2 7XH. UK
- 1 place at Inra – AgroParisTech UMR Ingénierie Aliments Procédés Equipe SP2 1 street des Olympiades F 91744 Massy, Cedex, France
- 2 positions at Department of Industrial Engineering University of Salerno Via Giovanni Paolo II, 132 I-84084 Fisciano (SA), ITALY
- 2 positions at Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Imperial College London London, SW7 2AZ. UK
- 1 place at Centre Internacional de Metodes Numerics an l’Enginyeria (CIMNE) Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) 08034 Barcelona, Spain
- 1 place at Surface of Glass and Interfaces (SVI) Saint-Gobain Research Paris 33 Quai Lucien Lefranc 93303 Aubervilliers, FR
- 1 place at Johnson Matthey Technology Centre Belasis Avenue TS23 1LS Billingham UK
- 2 positions at CNRS – SIMAP (Materials Science and Engineering) Laboratory, Univ. Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble F-38000, France
- 1 place(s) to be had at Airbus Central R&T Bavaria, Taufkirchen, 82024 Willy-Messerschmitt-Str. 1 Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: These vacancies are open to all nationals, together with applicants from non-EU international locations.
Entrance Requirements: These vacancies are open to all nationals, together with applicants from non-EU international locations, who meet the next standards:
At the time of recruitment, candidates must have lower than 4 (full-time similar) years of reexperience inside a analysis occupation;
- Applicants must now not have resided or performed his/her major task within the nation of the recruiting institute for greater than 12 months within the 3 years straight away previous to the recruitment;
- Highly motivated for operating in opposition to a PhD AND for the total MATHEGRAM analysis and coaching goals;
- conserving a grasp’s level within the spaces related to the MATHEGRAM challenge(s);
- Having now not already been awarded a PhD level;
- Proficiency in English (English certificate will likely be required, reminiscent of IELTS or TOEFL, for the initiatives hosted at beneficiaries in the United Kingdom);
- Willingness to be informed the native language of the host establishment;
- Good conversation and team-working abilities.
How to Apply: Candidates can ship their packages to: MATHEGRAM-at-surrey.ac.united kingdom, once conceivable however no later than eighth Jan 2019.
All packages must come with the next in one PDF record:
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages), together with (1) personal tastes for a number of of the ESR initiatives and (2) consent to distribute your software fabrics to the recruitment committee individuals and supervisors of MATHEGRAM
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Degree certificate and transcripts containing the classes taken and grades bought (each authentic variations, and English translations)
- English certificate and different related certificate
- A listing of publications (not obligatory).