The Ghent University is looking for to fill 4 full-time, 40-months, fully-funded PhD fellowships as phase of the ERC-funded analysis challenge “Righting Victim Participation in Transitional Justice”.
The analysis challenge is a multi-disciplinary and multi-method learn about of the results of sufferer participation in transitional justice processes. It research the long-term (and frequently unexpected) results of this participation on sufferers and sufferer communities by means of examining how their perceptions of justice and of what their rights trade in reaction to their participation in transitional justice processes.
- Applications Deadline: January 14, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is to be had to check PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded for the ERC-funded analysis challenge “Righting Victim Participation in Transitional Justice”.
- Nationality: Scholarship is to be had for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers now not given
- Scholarship can also be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is to be had for International students.
Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible, candidates will have to
- dangle a grasp’s level in regulation, social and political sciences, anthropology or a similar self-discipline;
- have bought their level at the time of utility or reveal convincingly that they’re going to have that level in hand by means of July 1, 2019;
- be fluent in English as their running language and as their number one newsletter language;
- spend longer classes of time in another country for fieldwork and take part in international meetings.
Furthermore, candidates who meet the next prerequisites might be ranked upper throughout the evaluate process
- excellent wisdom of the sector of transitional justice, victim-oriented approaches or similar fields related to the challenge;
- excellent wisdom of (at least one of) the opposite language(s) related to the most popular case learn about;
- revel in with fieldwork, preferably in post-conflict settings, or in particular in one of the 4 case research;
- revel in with both ethnographic strategies (akin to participant-observation, interpretive analysis design); large-n research or criminal research – and preferably a mixture of those;
- pre-existing networks related to the analysis and fieldwork.
In addition to those challenge explicit parts, we predict applicants to
- be able to paintings independently and in a workforce;
- have superb educational writing/presentation abilities;
- give a contribution to the overall well-functioning of the workforce;
- have some social media revel in or hobby therein;
- paintings in a meticulous manner and be capable of set up points in time.
How to Apply: To practice, please ship us:
- A canopy letter outlining how your skilled and analysis revel in is related for this challenge, your motivation, and which case learn about you need to be thought to be for
- an in depth CV (together with newsletter checklist if to be had)
- a transcript of your level(s)
- If you could have a overseas degree in a language rather than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please upload a translation in one of the discussed languages.
- a ‘Certificate of equivalence’ is needed for diplomas awarded outdoor the European Union.
- two letters of advice, and a writing pattern on a similar subject (10.000 phrases most, in English, preferably an educational or analysis paper).
Applicants are invited to publish those paperwork (as one pdf report) by the use of electronic mail to tine.destrooper-at-ugent.be with the topic line “ERC PhD Application – title of the case learn about”.
The cut-off date for submission is January 14, 2019.
The foreseen beginning date is September 1, 2019, or quickly after.