The Ghent University is looking for to fill 4 full-time, 40-months, fully-funded PhD fellowships as section of the ERC-funded analysis venture “Righting Victim Participation in Transitional Justice” (ERC-2018-STG- 804154). The analysis venture is a multi-disciplinary and multi-method learn about of the results of sufferer participation in transitional justice processes.
The Ghent University is a public analysis university situated in Ghent, Belgium. It used to be established in 1817 by means of King William I of the Netherlands. After the Belgian revolution of 1830, the newly shaped Belgian state started to manage the university.
• Applications Deadline: Feb 01, 2019
• Course Level: Scholarships are to be had to pursue a PhD analysis program.
• Study Subject: The DynaMOD venture will center of attention on the build up of backside present depth in the presence of a seabed with a fancy topography corresponding to cold-water coral mounds.
• Nationality: Belgium and International students.
• Number of Scholarships: Not given
• Scholarship may also be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The scholarship is to be had to Belgium and International students.
Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible, candidates should
- Hold a grasp’s level in legislation, social and political sciences, anthropology or a similar self-discipline;
- Have got their level at the time of utility or show convincingly that they’re going to have that level in hand by means of July 1, 2019;
- Be fluent in English as their running language and as their number one newsletter language;
- Spend longer sessions of time out of the country for fieldwork and take part in international meetings.
Furthermore, candidates who meet the following stipulations might be ranked upper all through the review process
- Good wisdom of the box of transitional justice, victim-oriented approaches or similar fields related to the venture;
- Good wisdom of (at least one of) the different language(s) related to the most popular case learn about;
- Experience with fieldwork, preferably in post-conflict settings, or particularly in one of the 4 case research;
- Experience with both ethnographic strategies (corresponding to participant-observation, interpretive analysis design); large-n research or criminal research – and preferably a mixture of those;
- Pre-existing networks related to the analysis and fieldwork.
In addition to those venture particular components, we think applicants to
- Have the talent to paintings independently and in a crew;
- Have very good educational writing/presentation abilities;
- Contribute to the basic well-functioning of the crew;
- Have some social media revel in or hobby therein;
- Work in a meticulous means and have the ability to organize points in time.
How to Apply: To observe, please ship us:
- A canopy letter outlining how your skilled and analysis revel in is related for this venture, your motivation, and which case learn about you need to be regarded as for
- an in depth CV (together with newsletter listing if to be had)
- a transcript of your level(s)
- If you could have a overseas degree in a language rather then our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please upload a translation in one of the discussed languages.
- a ‘Certificate of equivalence’ is needed for diplomas awarded outdoor the European Union (This may also be asked by means of www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
- two letters of advice, and a writing pattern on a similar subject (10.000 phrases most, in English, preferably an educational or analysis paper).
Applicants are invited to publish those paperwork (as one pdf document) by means of e mail to tine.destrooper-at-ugent.be with the topic line “ERC PhD Application – identify of the case learn about”.
The time limit for submission is January 14, 2019.
The foreseen beginning date is September 1, 2019, or quickly after.