Applications are invited for two fully-funded PhDs funded via Science Foundation Ireland and based totally on the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. Scholarships are to be had for International students.
The challenge of FutureNeuro is to boost up discoveries on genetic analysis and complicated molecular remedies supported via enabling e-health generation for continual and uncommon neurological sicknesses. The function of the present roles is to force the advance of latest, clinically related fashions of febrile seizures and febrile standing epilepticus and establish the molecular mechanisms wherein those insults can result in cognitive deficits and epilepsy in later lifestyles.
For over 200 years RCSI has performed a significant position in medical schooling and coaching in Ireland. Founded in 1784 to coach surgeons, nowadays the College supplies in depth schooling and coaching in the healthcare professions at undergraduate and postgraduate stage. The Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences is house to Ireland’s greatest medical school, one of the crucial international’s main international medical colleges, in addition to prestigious Schools of Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing & Midwifery, Postgraduate Studies and an Institute of Leadership. Our levels and awards are entirely aligned to the National Framework of Qualifications, from ranges 7 – 10, in collaboration with the National University of Ireland.
- Applications Deadline: January four, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are to be had to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: FutureNeuro is a brand new national analysis centre curious about continual and uncommon neurological sicknesses, funded via Science Foundation Ireland and based totally on the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. The a success candidate will sign up for the group of Dr. Gary Brennan running on molecular mechanisms controlling gene expression, biomarkers and coverings for Epilepsy.
- Scholarship Award: This is a completely funded programme.
- Nationality: Scholarships are to be had for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Two PhD scholarships are to be had.
- Scholarship will also be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are to be had for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants will have to meet the next standards:
- At least an higher 2d elegance (2.1) honours level in cellular and molecular biology, neuroscience or equivalent.
- Good verbal exchange abilities.
- Strong organisational and administrative abilities.
- Ability to paintings on one’s personal initiative in addition to in a multidisciplinary, group surroundings.
- Willingness to adopt coaching and profession building.
- English language necessities for applicants who don’t talk English as their first language: an IELTS ranking of 6.five or above.
- Desirable: » Previous laboratory analysis revel in. Proven skill to paintings independently and as an efficient group member.
English Language Requirements: English language necessities for applicants who don’t talk English as their first language: an IELTS ranking of 6.five or above.
How to Apply: The ultimate date for utility is Friday, four January 2019 at 5pm GMT. The utility must come with:
- A canopy letter outlining your passion in and suitability for the placement.
- An up-to-date CV together with touch main points for two referees.
Applications to: Dr Gary Brennan (garypbrennan-at-rcsi.ie)