The Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance (OMI) is worked up to announce absolutely funded Studentships in Machine Learning carried out to Finance. Studentships are to be had for UK, EU, and International students.
The Oxford-Man Institute (OMI) of Quantitative Finance is an interdisciplinary analysis heart in quantitative finance. It is a part of the Department of Engineering Science (Information Engineering) and has a focal point on choice investments and data-driven science, particularly gadget finding out. OMI individuals perform academically remarkable analysis that addresses the important thing issues going through the monetary business. Researchers create new equipment and strategies that can provide deeper perception into monetary markets – how they behave, how they turn into solid or risky, how to extract worth from records at scales past human and the way they may well be made to paintings higher. This is completed thru a novel mixture of educational innovation and exterior engagement.
Applicants will have to have superb written and spoken communique abilities (English).
- Applications Deadline: January 25, 2019
- Course Level: Studentships are to be had to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in Machine Learning carried out to Finance.
Although the precise analysis subject is outlined thru dialogue between scholar and manager(s), it’s most likely to be in one of the vital following large spaces:
- Machine finding out for multi-variate time-series modeling, forecasting, and match detection
- Information extraction and fusion from ensembles of unstructured, non-stationary records
- Deep (probabilistic) finding out for extracting actionable perception
- Dynamic finding out beneath uncertainty for technique and coverage estimation in not on time praise environments
- Understanding complicated dynamic relationships on graphs and networks
- Natural Language Processing for monetary forecasting
- Probabilistic multi-agent fashions
- Optimization, Decision-making, and lively finding out
- Scholarship Award: University tuition charges are coated on the point set for UK/EU students, as are Oxford Course Fees (c. £7,730 in general p.a.). The stipend (tax-free repairs grant) is c. £15,000 p.a. for the primary 12 months, and no less than this quantity for an extra two and a part years.
- Nationality: Studentships are to be had for UK, EU, and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Three studentships are to be had.
- Scholarship can also be taken in the United Kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Studentships are to be had for UK, EU, and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants will have to meet the next standards:
These studentships are funded throughout the Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance and are open to each UK & EU students (complete award – charges plus stipend) and international students (partial award – charges at UK/EU charge plus stipend).
Prospective applicants might be judged in accordance to how smartly they meet the next standards:
- A firstclass honors level in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or an identical;
- Experience in gadget finding out and knowledge research;
- Mathematical adulthood with emphasis on estimation, inference and optimization idea;
- Ability to code in high-level medical building language, e.g. Python, R, Matlab;
- Excellent written and spoken communique abilities (English).
Following abilities are fascinating however now not crucial:
- Experience of modeling monetary – or non-stationary, heteroskedastic – records.
English Language Requirements: Applicants will have to have superb written and spoken communique abilities (English).
How to Apply: Candidates will have to put up a graduate software shape and are anticipated to meet the graduate admissions standards. Details are to be had at the path web page of the University site.
Please quote 19ENGIN_SROMI in all correspondence and in your graduate software. Informal inquiries will have to be addressed to Prof. Steve Roberts: steve.roberts-at-oxford-man.ox.ac.united kingdom.