The Department of History, Trinity College Dublin is inviting programs for PhD Scholarship in Medieval History. Scholarships are awarded to EU and Non-EU students.
The Department provides night time & quick lessons, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in History. Committed to the pursuit of excellence in each analysis and instructing, students of all backgrounds and ranges are welcome right into a difficult however pleasant setting in which skilled and dedicated academics and supervisors will enrich your revel in of learning the previous.
Applicants whose first language isn’t English are generally required to offer proof of skillability in English on the upper stage required by way of the University.
- Applications Deadline: April 1, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is to be had to review PhD techniques.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to PhD on some facet of the historical past of ladies, gender, and/or sexuality in the center Ages underneath the supervision of Ruth Mazo Karras, Lecky Professor of History.
- Scholarship Award: Annual stipend of €6,500 plus charges (EU or NON EU) for 3 years simplest.
- Nationality: Scholarships are awarded to EU and Non-EU students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers now not given
- Scholarship may also be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are awarded to EU and Non-EU students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the next standards:
The School of Histories and Humanities provides two analysis programmes: a Doctoral Programme resulting in the PhD level (Three-Four years complete time, 6 years section time) and a Research Master’s resulting in the M.Litt. Degree (2 years complete time, Three years section time). PhD students whole a thesis of not more than 100,000 phrases. M.Litt. students write a thesis of not more than 60,000 phrases.
Doctoral students and M.Litt. Students adopt targeted analysis with supervision. Potential candidates will have to get ready an offer on an unique analysis matter and means a member of personnel with suitable experience to behave as manager for the venture. Once a manager has been recognized students should publish a proper utility throughout the on-line admissions gadget.
English Language Requirements: All candidates whose first language isn’t English and who’ve now not been skilled throughout the medium of English should provide probably the most following in the English language:
- IELTS: Grade 6.five (No segment not up to 6.zero)
- TOEFL: 90 – web primarily based (with a written rating of 21)
- University of Cambridge:
- Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or higher (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
- Advanced Certificate, Grade C or higher (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimal rating of 63 to be eligible (with out a segment rating beneath 59)
How to Apply: Applications should include a private commentary, a CV with instructional historical past, commentary of analysis venture, transcripts of level effects, and two educational references. All elements should be submitted electronically by way of the final date of one April 2018 to pghishum-at-tcd.ie (NB now not throughout the Trinity utility gadget). Applications is probably not regarded as whole till referees have submitted their references. All candidates will probably be notified of the end result in their utility. The a success candidate upon acceptance of the award will probably be invited to use for their PhD position throughout the Trinity utility gadget.