The Sainsbury Institute for the Study of Japanese Arts and Cultures is awarding international fellowships to students from North America, Asia or Europe.
The Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships, established in 2000 via beneficiant investment from Lord Sainsbury of Turville, are designed to enhance educational ties with Japanese research programmes in Asia, Canada, Europe, Oceania and the United States.
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowship is to be had for engaging in analysis on the Sainsbury Institute for the Study of Japanese Arts and Cultures.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in any space of Japanese tradition. Preference shall be given to programs that specialize in the historical past of artwork, cultural heritage, archaeology or structure.
- Scholarship Award: The one-year Fellowship will begin in September 2017 and carries a price of £23,500.
- Nationality: Positions are to be had for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers now not given
- Scholarship can also be taken in the United Kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligibility: The following standards will have to be met in order for candidates to be eligible for the scholarship:
The Institute is providing a number of Fellowships of both six months or 365 days, to students who’ve gained a PhD in any space of Japanese tradition, even supposing choice shall be given to programs that specialize in the historical past of artwork, cultural heritage, archaeology or structure.
Nationality: Citizens of North America, Asia (Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Philippines, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen) or Europe (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom) can observe for the fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants will have to have their earlier stage.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outdoor the house nation will ceaselessly want to meet explicit English language/different language necessities in order so to learn about there.
How to Apply: Once finished, the appliance shape must be emailed to sisjac-at-sainsbury-institute.org. In addition to the appliance shape, please enclose:
• Curriculum Vitae (please come with the date your PhD is anticipated to be conferred, if now not already conferred) and
• The pattern of writing (for instance a printed article, or a core bankruptcy of the PhD).