The UC Berkeley Global Science Institute and Weizmann Institute of Science are inviting programs for The Olive Fellowship for students to take part within the Laboratory Research Experience Program (LRE) at UC Berkeley. Citizens of Israel, Palestine, or different Arab international locations are eligible to use for this fellowship.
The LRE program is a non-credit bearing summer time enrichment program for rising students who search to be told hands-on about analysis tactics in a gaggle laboratory environment. Through this program, you’re going to discover ways to suppose independently, procedure complicated chemistry ideas and follow chemical concept, successfully keep in touch and substantiate your concepts to others, and construct workforce dynamic talents whilst being mentored thru more than a few analysis modules.
UC Berkeley keeps the name of the sector’s No.1 public, and fourth-best university general, in U.S. News & World Report’s newest world scores. As they did remaining yr, Harvard, MIT and Stanford took the highest 3 spots, with the United Kingdom’s University of Oxford proper in the back of Berkeley to spherical out the highest 5.
- Applications Deadline: February 15, 2019
- Course Level: This is a summer time analysis programme.
- Study Subject: The Olive Fellowship is a need-based scholarship for Israeli, Palestinian, and Arab undergraduate chemistry students to take part within the Laboratory Research Experience Program (LRE) at UC Berkeley.
- Scholarship Award: Fellowship covers all the LRE tuition (USD $12,000) and likewise supplies an extra USD $five,000 stipend to the man to hide program comparable bills (trip, visas, lodging, foods whilst at Berkeley).
- Nationality: Citizens of Israel, Palestine, or different Arab international locations are eligible to use for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Two fellowships are to be had.
- Scholarship may also be taken in the United States
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Citizens of Israel, Palestine, or different Arab international locations are eligible to use for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the next standards:
- Undergraduate chemistry students (sophomore, junior, or senior status).
- Citizens of Israel, Palestine, or different Arab international locations.
- First-generation or low source of revenue university students.
- History of educational fulfillment of their undergraduate research.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language isn’t English are generally required to offer proof of talent in English at the upper degree required through the University.
How to Apply:
» Complete the overall LRE program software first and be authorised to this system.
» Once authorised, entire the Olive Fellowship software package deal, which incorporates evidence of citizenship and private essays.
» Application closing date is February 15, 2019.